COAP is committed to safeguarding your privacy online and to complying with applicable laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically. This policy will let you know:
1. What personal information is collected from you?
- COAP collects the following information regarding visitors to our website: the information you submit when you register, and when you use the site we collect your IP address, information regarding what pages are accessed and when, information volunteered by you, such as survey information, email address and your preferred means of communication. If you contribute to any discussions or post anything to the site, we can also connect that information with your account details.
2. How is your information used?
- COAP uses the information we collect about you for a number of purposes:
- Managing your account and helping you to reset your password if you forget it
- Carrying out moderation of posts to the site. For instance, we need to know if particular users are posting inappropriate comments, so we can inform them about this. We may contact them about this.
- To help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
- Your information is collected and held by COAP. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties. We collect information at several different points on our website.
4. With whom does COAP share or disclose your information?
- COAP is committed to protecting the personal data of its members. Other than as explained in this section, we do not rent, sell or disclose your information or contact details to third parties for their own use:
- From time to time we may be obliged by law or a court order to disclose your information to meet any legal or regulatory obligations.
5. What are your choices about being contacted?
- From time to time we may want to contact you about other COAP services. You can opt in to this type of contact by signing up to the newsletter. If you are emailed with information and you do not want to continue receiving it, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email, which will tell you how to unsubscribe from receiving further updates.
6. How do you update, correct or delete your information?
- The accuracy of your information is important to COAP. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via our website contact form.
7. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of yourinformation?
- COAP recognises that people are increasingly concerned about how organisations protect their information from misuse and abuse. COAP takes reasonable steps to ensure your information is secure, and has taken appropriate steps with its suppliers and partners to ensure this.Please note however that your communications over the Internet, such as emails or posts, are not secure unless they have been protected. COAP cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
7. Are cookies used?
- enable you to keep your log in details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above
- understand how you use our site or services so we can improve them;
- provide a better service and experience.
- Most browser software (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) allows you to choose whether to accept cookies or not – you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a website tries to set a cookie. Please note that if you refuse our cookie or delete it at a later date, you will have to enter your registration security details each time you visit our site or wish to use one of our web-related services or products.
- If you have any enquiries about COAP’s privacy practices, you should put your enquiry in writing to[email@example.com].