Passion fruit can be defined as ting egg in shape and tropical fruit. It can be called as Purple Granadilla. Passion fruit consists of many seeds and many purple-brown folded peals at the time of ripening. Inside the fruit consists of pulp and seeds which are eatable and simple to have. The pulp present in Passion fruit consists of different odor and a little bit sweet.
In tropical nations, Passion fruit can be taken as a juice. The shape and structure of fruit is 1 -3 inches large consisting waxy and soft outside layer. This fruit is very delicious and tasty and looks beautiful along with many health advantages. Passion fruit contains rich amounts of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Vitamin A is used to react with free radicals and throw them out of the body. Free radicals generally injure cells and tissues. So Vitamin A prevents injury of skin and tissue by throwing free radicals out of the body. Vitamin A is useful to increase eyesight. In the same time, Vitamin C is useful to restore tissues and protect from heart disorders and cancers and also strengthen bones.
The best health advantage of Passion fruit is its seeds consist of rich fiber that is 25 grams; this fruit seed contains rich amounts of fiber which is required for the body to purify the colon and increase the capacity of digestion and protect heart strokes and heart attacks. We know the benefits of anti-oxidants in the human beings body. These advantageous anti-oxidants are available in Passion fruit that is used to protect from many Asthma and cough.
Read Also Health Benefits With MUFAs .
Passion fruit is helpful to get the body relaxation because this fruit consists of so many ferrous characteristics. This character is used to get body relaxed and have good sleep. It is preferable to eat Passion fruit before going to bed. Passion fruit is good to keep body healthy and well. It is advantageous to the people who want to lose weight. Some recent study proved that Passion fruit is good for asthma patients because it contains high amounts of flavonoids. It is very helpful to prevent asthma; it is the good diet for asthma patients. And their seeds can be eatable. This fruits pulp is very tasty and has good odor. It can be taken as juice also.
Nutritional values and health advantages of Passion fruits:
- It stops the growth of cancer.
- Passion fruit contains rich phytochemicals which stop the growth of cancer cells.
- It consists of rich amounts of flavonoids and phenolic acids. This enhances heart functions.
- The phenolic acid which is present in Passion fruit contains anti-microbial properties. It contains rich amounts of antioxidants. These antioxidants are fat soluble and water soluble.
- It contains high amounts of carbohydrates and simple sugars.
- It is a very good diet for athletes.
- It consists of plant sterols which lessen cholesterol.
- It contains rich Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Potassium.
- It seeds consist of rich amounts of fiber.
- It is helpful for digestion.
- It contains somniferous characteristics.
- It gives good relaxation, sleep and rest to the body.
- It is useful to lose weight.